Channel 4 swoops for WWF's Benjamin Ward
Channel 4 has hired WWF's head of press and media relations Benjamin Ward as chief publicity manager on a fixed term contract.
Benjamin Ward: starts at channel 4 on 21 May
Ward starts on 21 May to cover the maternity leave of Sarah Booth, the current publicity chief.
The one-year contract will see Ward manage all consumer press output for the channel, covering factual, drama and Film4, comedy and entertainment, factual entertainment and digital.
He will report to controller of press and publicity at Channel 4 Jane Fletcher, working in a comms team of 30, which has responsibility for all of Channel 4's external media activity.
Fletcher said of Ward's appointment: ‘I’m looking forward to Benjamin, who has previously worked in other sectors, bringing a fresh pair of eyes to our wide brief. Delivering innovation across all campaigns continues to be our main goal, which he will help us realise.’
Ward joined WWF UK in 2009 from Brunswick Arts, where he was a director.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Brand Manager, Food Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £42,000 + car allowance , Greater London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...