Channel 4 swoops for WWF's Benjamin Ward
Channel 4 has hired WWF's head of press and media relations Benjamin Ward as chief publicity manager on a fixed term contract.
Benjamin Ward: starts at channel 4 on 21 May
Ward starts on 21 May to cover the maternity leave of Sarah Booth, the current publicity chief.
The one-year contract will see Ward manage all consumer press output for the channel, covering factual, drama and Film4, comedy and entertainment, factual entertainment and digital.
He will report to controller of press and publicity at Channel 4 Jane Fletcher, working in a comms team of 30, which has responsibility for all of Channel 4's external media activity.
Fletcher said of Ward's appointment: ‘I’m looking forward to Benjamin, who has previously worked in other sectors, bringing a fresh pair of eyes to our wide brief. Delivering innovation across all campaigns continues to be our main goal, which he will help us realise.’
Ward joined WWF UK in 2009 from Brunswick Arts, where he was a director.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London