Kettle Chips on consumer agency hunt
Kettle Foods, the owner of the Kettle Chips brand, is on the hunt for a consumer agency.
Kettle Chips: sold more than 100 million packs in 2011
The brand, which appointed Westgate Communications in 2009 to handle its consumer PR and seasonal launches of its new varieties, has already shortlisted a number of agencies.
Kettle Foods confirmed that the pitch process was under way but declined to give details of the brief. However, the brief is understood to be UK-focused.
The news comes as Kettle Chips celebrates its 30th birthday. The brand currently has a competition under way to celebrate this, in which it is asking consumers to vote to bring back one of its classic seasonings. The move follows successful campaigns of competitor Walkers, which has run similar competitions asking customers to vote for favourite flavours.
Kettle Chips has grown to become a £90m brand in the UK crisps and snacks market. According to the Nielsen Superbrands Annual 2012 survey, almost one in four homes in the UK buys Kettle Chips, with more than 100 million packs sold in 2011.
Last year the brand ramped up its marketing activities with a new PR and press advertising campaign to try to reach a younger audience. Part of the activity saw the company partner with Lovefilm.com to promote Kettle Ridge Crisps as the ‘perfect snack’ for a movie night in.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London