Media House International enlisted to fight VAT in Turks and Caicos Islands
Media House International has been appointed to help a pair of West Indies islands fight back against the proposed introduction of VAT.
VAT fight: The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory
The British Government has proposed to implement VAT on the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory consisting of two groups of tropical islands in the West Indies – the larger Caicos Islands and the smaller Turks Islands.
The islands are known for tourism and as an offshore financial centre.
Media House International has been brought in following the formation of The Turks and Caicos Independent Business Council by a broad group of individuals from all sectors of the economy and business community throughout the islands.
The body has been formed to fight Her Majesty’s Government and islands governor Ric Todd over plans to impose VAT on the islands against the wishes of the entire population.
Media House International executive chairman Jack Irvine is leading the account.
A TCIBC spokesman said: ‘We send a clear warning to Chancellor George Osborne that we represent the interests of all the leading businesses in the country and indeed it can be said that our views are representative of virtually every business concern.
‘We are deeply concerned about the expected negative effects of the hasty introduction of VAT into the island’s tax structure. As business professionals we do not have a problem with taxation and recognise the need to fund government.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London