BBC health correspondent Jane Hughes to lead comms at Rethink Mental Illness
BBC health correspondent Jane Hughes has been appointed director of comms and campaigns at the charity Rethink Mental Illness.
Rethink Mental Illness: a shot from a recent M&C Saatchi ad campaign
Hughes, who has worked for the BBC in both freelance and staff positions for more than 20 years, will take up the role in October.
She will replace former special adviser to Jack Straw, Mark Davies, in the role. Davies was recently appointed head of comms at The Post Office.
Hughes will continue to build on the profile-raising communications strategy the charity embarked on last year, when it changed its name from Rethink to Rethink Mental Illness.
The charity also launched advertising and PR campaigns that they report increased ‘prompted awareness’ of the charity by 25%.
Paul Jenkins, CEO of Rethink Mental Illness, said: ‘Her vast experience and expertise in broadcasting, and health journalism in particular, will be a huge asset to us. I look forward to working with Jane to build on the success we’ve had in raising our profile, so we can reach as many people affected by mental illness as possible.’
Hughes said: ‘Attitudes towards mental illness are really beginning to change, and I look forward to helping bring about even greater public understanding in the future, and pushing for further improvements in the treatment of people with severe mental illness.’
As well as comms and campaigns, Hughes will oversee the advice and information, education, research and young people’s teams. She will also co-ordinate Rethink Mental Illness’ involvement with the Time to Change anti-stigma campaign, which the charity runs in partnership with Mind.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Marketing Communications Manager - 3 month contract with the ch Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Cambridge
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...