Barclays brings in Fleishman-Hillard for Brussels lobbying work
Barclays Bank has brought in Fleishman-Hillard to handle its Brussels lobbying work in the fallout from the Libor rate-fixing scandal.
Barclays Bank: new Brussels agency
The British multinational bank launched a search for an EU-level public affairs agency in May, before it was exposed for interest rate rigging, leading to the resignation of chief executive Bob Diamond.
Issues the agency’s Brussels office will deal with include increasing pressure from proposed legislation such as financial transaction tax.
Barclays has consolidated its European retail and investment banking public affairs into a single agency, in a process similar to when it appointed Cicero Consulting in April to handle all UK lobbying. The bank formerly used Fleishman-Hillard for the investment banking public affairs side of the brief.
Donald Ricketts, senior vice-president and partner and head of financial services, Fleishman-Hillard Brussels, said: ‘We are delighted to serve the broader Barclays Group, following a number of years of working closely with Barclays Capital’s European team.’
A Barclays spokesman confirmed the appointment but declined to comment further.
The news comes as Barclays named finance industry veteran David Walker as its new chairman, succeeding Marcus Agius. He will take on the role in November.
Walker is a former Bank of England and UK Treasury official who wrote one of the most significant corporate governance manuals for British banks.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...