CIPR launches networking group for PROs affected by diversity issues
The CIPR has launched a networking group for practitioners who are affected by issues relating to diversity.
Cornelius Alexander: new CIPR group
The Equal Access Network, focusing on diversity in employment and representation within PR, will see the CIPR hosting a series of events. The first will take place at the offices of Ketchum in London, on the evening of 20 September.
Cornelius Alexander, CIPR fellow and chair of the CIPR’s diversity working group, said: ‘My hope is that the Equal Access Network can be a place where people studying or working in PR, are affected by, or are interested in issues relating to diversity in employment and representation, can meet and establish lasting and useful links with fellow practitioners.’
Alexander added that ‘if we go on recruiting most of our practitioners from the same part of society we are in danger of reducing our effectiveness as communicators and overlooking a wealth of potential talent’.
Registration for this event is free of charge for both CIPR members and non-members. For more information and to register click here.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Executive Vitamin Talent £18k, South West London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...