Pete Digger appointed as Good Relations Political head
The Good Relations Group has poached AstraZeneca's head of government relations to lead a revitalised Good Relations Political.
Pete Digger: to head up Good Relations Political
The agency has appointed Pete Digger, who will join in November with a brief to revitalise its public affairs offering following the completion of Bell Pottinger’s MBO.
He has been AstraZeneca’s head of government relations and external affairs since 2008.
The move marks a return to agency life for Digger, who previously held senior roles at Burson-Marsteller and DLA Piper.
Digger said: ‘I am looking forward to making a return to the vibrancy of agency life. One of the things you learn quickly in-house is what does and doesn’t work in terms of an agency offer.
‘Good Relations is a great name in the industry and there’s a phenomenal opportunity to build on the existing client base given the strength of the team and the background of change in the public affairs market.’
Digger will report to chairman Kevin Murray, who said: ‘We intend to grow our political communications practice quickly and Pete has a record of commercial success in his previous agency experience. Combined with the insight he has gained in-house, we believe it is a powerful offer to the market.’
Digger started his career in 1995 as a researcher to Douglas French, then the Conservative MP for Gloucester.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London