Anchor drafts in Grayling to campaign for older person's minister
A group campaigning for a minister for older people as part of efforts to raise awareness around social care has appointed Grayling.
Grey Pride petition: Penny Mordaunt MP (far left) and Esther Rantzen backed Anchor's campaign
Anchor, a major provider of social housing, brought in the agency following a pitch process and having previously had a retained brief with Citizen Brando.
Simon Peyton, external comms manager at the organisation, explained that the repitch came as part of a review that the organisation was legally obliged to undertake.
Referring to its Grey Pride campaign, in which a petition with 137,000 signatures was handed into Parliament for the creation of a specific ministerial role, he said:
‘We want them to carry on this work as part of raising older people’s issues way up the priority list for MPs and society as a whole until people start to see how the old benefit society.’
Grey Pride has so far led to Liz Kendall being appointed by Labour into the newly created role of shadow minister for care and older people. A ministerial shake up is expected today.
However, Peyton added that the work went way beyond this area of focus.
‘We need brand awareness to increase so that Anchor is seen as the key player within the care and housing sector, and that’s with both the wider public, the media and closer stakeholders.’
Zoe Dubber, associate director at Grayling, will lead the work and report to Peyton.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...