Pfizer's Andrew Thomas poached by Red Door Communications
Pfizer's strategic comms lead has been poached by Red Door Communications to head up its international accounts.
Andrew Thomas: Heading to Red Door Communications
Andrew Thomas has spent the past six years at Pfizer, overseeing its primary care medicines across Europe and Canada.
Catherine Warne, head of Creston Health, which owns both Red Door and sister US agency Cooney Waters, said the agency wanted a ‘more dynamic approach to its international business’.
She said: ‘I have known Andrew for many years as a competitor and a client. He is great fun, hugely well-liked and respected in our industry and a proven influencer at a senior level. We are excited he is joining us and believe he is the ideal person to drive our international business.’
Thomas’ experience includes working as comms lead at drugs firm Lipitor and handling a major campaign and subsequent judicial review over Alzheimer’s drug Aricept in 2007, which generated national coverage.
He has also worked as account director at Cohn & Wolfe before joining Pfizer as comms manager in 2006.
Thomas said the ‘international area generally is a real growth area for Red Door’, adding he was keen to make the most of the relationship with Cooney Waters.
‘We need to be able to show the significance of our network. Often clients or potential clients will see value in the fact a large agency is part of a global network, but you are only as good as your ability to implement your activities. We choose to partner with the best agencies in that network and we have utter confidence in them.’
Thomas replaces Phil Sheldon, who has retired.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Category and Channel Insights Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 per annum, South East England
- Digital Marketing Executive (Search Marketing) Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + benefits, Bury St. Edmunds
- Associate Creative Director Major Players negotiable, City of London
- CRM Data Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 - £29000 per annum + doe plus benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Market Research and Insight Executive (Manager level) Stopgap £38000 - £40000 per annum, London