Edelman drafts in Superbrands' Stephen Cheliotis for new branding role
Edelman has brought in Superbrands founder Stephen Cheliotis for a new role.
Stephen Cheliotis: Brand expert
Cheliotis, chairman of the UK Consumer Superbrands, Business Superbrands and CoolBrands Councils, has been made head of brand and creative insight UK.
Retaining his current role, and that of CEO of The Centre for Brand Analysis, he will work across the UK business to oversee brand strategy and creative planning and insights.
Ruth Warder, MD for Edelman’s consumer practice, said: ‘Stephen brings an abundance of experience and knowledge; his exceptional brand insight will be a huge asset to Edelman and our clients.
‘We felt he would help us offer a more enriched service which is what we’re being asked for more and more.’
Cheliotis joined Superbrands in 2001 and became MD in 2003 before moving into a European role two years later. In 2007 Stephen founded TCBA.
He said: ‘What excited me about this role beyond working at Edelman was the breadth of superbrands that the agency works with and that I will be involved with. For a brand person to join a PR agney isn’t necessarily an obvious fit but I think it works, and as the marketing world changes its great to work for an agency that sees the bigger picture.’
He added: ‘It’s about really bringing a brand perspective to the table in terms of planning and insight.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Integrated Producer Source £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...