Ian Kirby swaps News of the World for MHP
MHP Communications has brought in the former News of the World political editor to bolster its media relations firepower.
MHP hire: Ian Kirby
Ian Kirby was assistant editor (politics) from 2006 until 2011, when the paper was closed in the aftermath of the phone-hacking scandal.
He will become a director with a broad brief to 'advise at a senior level on a range of media relations and campaigning work'.
During his tenure at NotW, Kirby interviewed four Prime Ministers and helped establish the paper's digital strategy as a member of the paper's senior management.
Kirby said that he is 'looking forward to developing new campaigns and media strategies' for clients.
The news follows a pledge made by MHP chief executive Gavin Devine to invest significantly in the agency's team in order to challenge the top five agencies.
Kirby's PR move follows that of his deputy, Jamie Lyons, who joined Tetra Strategy in October 2011.
NotW closed last July, after which agencies reported a surge in enquiries from its journalists seeking jobs.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...