Chloe Smith to oversee Government's statutory lobbying register plan
Chloe Smith has been appointed as the minister who will oversee the Government's statutory lobbying register plan.
Chloe Smith: replaces Mark Harper
Smith, who made the news over a seemingly badly-prepared Newsnight interview in May, has been handed the role of minister for political and constitutional reform.
Smith replaces Mark Harper, who has been handed the job of immigration minister at the Home Office.
Smith will oversee the Government’s preparation of a statutory lobbying register, over which it recently consulted the public affairs industry.
Harper also promised that the Government would introduce legislation before the next general election in 2015.
Harper was also responsible for Lords reform, but Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg revealed earlier this month that these plans have been scrapped in favour of growth promotion.
Smith has moved from The Treasury, where she was economic secretary.
Smith has been MP for Norwich North since she won a by-election in 2009 after the resignation of the Labour MP Ian Gibson in the wake of the parliamentary expenses scandal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...