Guardian Media Group hires Oliver Rawlins to head comms
Guardian Media Group has brought in Oliver Rawlins, the former comms director of the UK Film Council, as group director of comms.
Guardian Media Group: London HQ
Reporting to CEO Andrew Miller, Rawlins will take up his post on 26 November. He succeeds Chris Wade, who is now head of communications, EMEA for marcoms group WPP.
Rawlins will assume responsibility for the group’s overall communications, including supporting the CEO and other senior executives, leading on GMG’s public affairs activities, and overseeing Guardian News & Media’s press office and internal comms.
He joins from FremantleMedia, the content and distribution arm of the RTL Group, where he was vice president, global comms. Rawlins has also previously held senior PR roles at BBC Worldwide, Weber Shandwick and the UK Film Council, where he was director of communications.
Miller commented: ‘Oliver has extensive experience working within the media industry, both agency and in-house, possesses a deep understanding of the critical role played by communications in organisations undergoing transformational change, and, importantly, understands GMG's unique purpose and structure.’
Rawlins added: ‘It is a huge privilege to be joining one of the world's most trusted, innovative and ambitious media brands, and I look forward to working closely with the whole Guardian Media Group team at a time of exciting change and opportunity.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Manager PFJ £34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager - freelance roles, £350 per day, at least 3 - 6 months work MODA consult £350 per day, Central London