Guardian Media Group hires Oliver Rawlins to head comms
Guardian Media Group has brought in Oliver Rawlins, the former comms director of the UK Film Council, as group director of comms.
Guardian Media Group: London HQ
Reporting to CEO Andrew Miller, Rawlins will take up his post on 26 November. He succeeds Chris Wade, who is now head of communications, EMEA for marcoms group WPP.
Rawlins will assume responsibility for the group’s overall communications, including supporting the CEO and other senior executives, leading on GMG’s public affairs activities, and overseeing Guardian News & Media’s press office and internal comms.
He joins from FremantleMedia, the content and distribution arm of the RTL Group, where he was vice president, global comms. Rawlins has also previously held senior PR roles at BBC Worldwide, Weber Shandwick and the UK Film Council, where he was director of communications.
Miller commented: ‘Oliver has extensive experience working within the media industry, both agency and in-house, possesses a deep understanding of the critical role played by communications in organisations undergoing transformational change, and, importantly, understands GMG's unique purpose and structure.’
Rawlins added: ‘It is a huge privilege to be joining one of the world's most trusted, innovative and ambitious media brands, and I look forward to working closely with the whole Guardian Media Group team at a time of exciting change and opportunity.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...