Blinkbox seeks agency help for PR drive
Video-on-demand service Blinkbox is seeking help for creative projects to help engage consumers.
There will be no formal pitch process, but newly appointed head of PR Ben Ayers told PRWeek Blinkbox is looking for a selection of agencies to work on a project basis and take a multi-disciplinary approach.
Ayers said: ‘We are looking for partners to help us generate newsworthy ideas that resonate 'beyond the page'.
'We’re open-minded about where these might come from – whether a PR agency, experiential outfit, social shop, or two creatives in a kitchen, it doesn’t matter. We want to work on a project basis so we are nimble and can execute the right idea for the right audience at the right time.’
He hopes to have a number of carefully selected agencies on hand to respond to different briefs. Ayers added: ‘PR activity is increasingly integrated into the marketing mix, so there’s no reason why a solid idea shouldn’t be something we hang our hats on more broadly.’
Blinkbox has previously worked with Shine on a consumer media education campaign and will retain the agency for press office duties.
Social media will be a key part of the Tesco-owned service’s new drive as it seeks to engage consumers directly in a crowded video-on-demand market. Amazon’s Lovefilm, Netflix and Sky’s recently launched Now TV also offer a selection of television shows and films on demand through a number of devices.
Blinkbox will also base the activity around 'movie experiences' in association with Tesco. The push will support significant marketing activity later in the year.
Tesco bought an 80 per cent stake in Blinkbox in 2011. Shortly Afterwards it began an initiative to offer clubcard holders who purchase DVD's or Blu Rays the opportunity to stream the film through Blinkbox at no extra cost.
Ayers joined Blinkbox from media agency Carat in August where he was social strategy director. Previously he was at ITV where he held several roles including head of social media and publicist.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London