CIPR offers free membership for PR students
The CIPR has launched free membership for students as the industry body looks to extend a helping hand to those entering the profession.
University of Bournemouth: CIPR-approved courses
The CIPR is offering help to those working in recognised undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
Jane Wilson, CEO of the CIPR, said: ‘The CIPR hugely values its relationships with student members and their universities. Student membership demonstrates your interest in public relations and your commitment to the profession.'
She added: 'It also gives the next generation of practitioners access to the full range of benefits currently available to all CIPR members and I hope it will give graduates a head start in their public relations career.’
Her words follow an industry debate in recent years about the accessibility and diversity of PR to those wishing to enter the industry.
As a part of this, last year the PRCA launched an apprenticeship scheme in conjunction with Pearson to help promote paid internships.
To apply for the membership, students on CIPR-recognised courses will need to contact their university’s course leader.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London