CIPR offers free membership for PR students
The CIPR has launched free membership for students as the industry body looks to extend a helping hand to those entering the profession.
University of Bournemouth: CIPR-approved courses
The CIPR is offering help to those working in recognised undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.
Jane Wilson, CEO of the CIPR, said: ‘The CIPR hugely values its relationships with student members and their universities. Student membership demonstrates your interest in public relations and your commitment to the profession.'
She added: 'It also gives the next generation of practitioners access to the full range of benefits currently available to all CIPR members and I hope it will give graduates a head start in their public relations career.’
Her words follow an industry debate in recent years about the accessibility and diversity of PR to those wishing to enter the industry.
As a part of this, last year the PRCA launched an apprenticeship scheme in conjunction with Pearson to help promote paid internships.
To apply for the membership, students on CIPR-recognised courses will need to contact their university’s course leader.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...