Green charity The Conservation Volunteers calls in Forster
Environmental charity The Conservation Volunteers has picked Forster Communications to raise its profile following a six-way pitch.
The Conservation Volunteers: Reclaiming green spaces
The agency will work on delivering a PR programme during the next year to tell the stories of the people involved in the organisation, as well as helping the charity create new partnerships with businesses, government and local communities.
The first campaign kicks off this month focusing on raising awareness and encouraging participation in next month’s The Big Green Weekend October.
The brief will also encompass work on the Green Heroes Awards and supporting comms around new community spaces, the Green Hubs.
The Conservation Volunteers has a network of 2,000 community groups focused on reclaiming local green places.
Miles Sibley, director of strategy, The Conservation Volunteers, said that, at a time when cuts in public spending meant green spaces were ‘increasingly under threat’, it was time ‘to shout louder’ about its achievements and role it plays.
‘The recent rebrand and name change is helping us appeal to new audiences, so it makes perfect sense that we refresh our comms strategy as well,’ he added.
Peter Gilheany, director at Forster, added: ‘In the noisy media environment, big-name environmental campaigning groups often dominate the headlines, while the impact of local community projects is often ignored.
'In the next 12 months we’ll be working closely with The Conservation Volunteers to help them tell the compelling stories of the green places that we all enjoy and the volunteers who look after them.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London