Tesco's Emma Reynolds takes AB InBev corporate affairs role
AB InBev UK has appointed Emma Reynolds as its UK corporate affairs director.
AB InBev: World's largest brewer
The world’s largest brewer announced that Reynolds, currently Tesco’s UK government affairs and policy director, will join the firm on 5 November.
She fills the post vacated by Mike Kelly in December 2011. Kelly had headed corporate affairs at the brewer for four years and left ‘by mutual agreement to seek new challenges’.
Reynolds joined Tesco in 2005 after a two-year stint as a consultant at AS Biss & Co. Before this she served as a policy adviser to the Conservative Party.
The news comes as the Government presses ahead with new measures to curb binge drinking. Earlier this year the Government revealed plans to introduce minimum unit pricing across England and Wales to help combat harmful drinking habits.
In July the Commons Health Select Committee called for an independent review of the coalition’s ‘responsibility deal’ with drinks manufacturers, suggesting drinks manufacturers are too close to policy makers.
The Portman Group, of which AB InBev is a founder member, said it was ‘deeply disappointed’ the committee had ‘failed to understand the significance of the innovative unit reduction pledge’.
AB InBev is the world’s largest brewer, with nearly 25 per cent global market share and 200 brands, including Beck’s, Budweiser, Stella Artois and Brahma.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Alpari (UK) Ltd Up to £35,000 + bonus & benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...