Speed MDs Stephen Waddington and Steve Earl to leave company
The managing directors of Speed Communications are both leaving the company.
The two Steves: Earl and Waddington
Stephen Waddington and Steve Earl, who founded the company from its forerunner Rainier and led it since 2009, are both to leave to pursue other projects, with Waddington set to leave by the end of the month.
The pair have made 'separate decisions to go', with Waddington saying on his blog that ‘the simple fact is that our work here is done'.
He said: ‘When the time comes I will shed a tear at parting company with Steve. It’s personal. We’ve worked together for almost 17 years at A Plus, Weber, Rainier PR and Speed, supporting each other through the highs and lows of agency, personal and family life.
‘But, we both need to move on, do new stuff and learn new things. I have no doubt that we will return occasionally to our table at The Stockpot in Panton Street.’
The agency will be led by joint MDs Kate Bosomworth and Scott McLean. Bosomworth joined Speed at the beginning of July when the agency bought consumer and sports shop KTB PR and will lead the consumer practice.
McLean, previously deputy managing director, will continue to lead the corporate team and will also take on the tech practice.
The agency says its acquisition of KTB PR was the first step towards ‘the objective of becoming a top 20 multi-sector PR agency by 2015’ and ‘further acquisitions to support this growth objective will be considered'.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...