Shane O'Riordain to leave Royal Mail for Westpac
Royal Mail's head comms honcho Shane O'Riordain has been poached by Australian bank Westpac.
Shane O'Riordain: Joined Royal Mail in 2010
O’ Riordain will be leaving his role as group communications director to become general manager, corporate affairs and sustainability at the bank, which employs 38,000 people globally.
He will join The Westpac Group early next year, and be responsible for media relations, government relations, internal communications, sustainability and community involvement.
O’ Riordain joined Royal Mail in 2010, replacing Mary Fagan.
Before this he had the top comms job at Lloyd’s Banking Group, and has also worked for the Irish Diplomatic Service in Dublin and Washington.
He will report to Westpac's group executive, human resources and corporate affairs, Christine Parker.
Westpac has 12.2 million customers, with branches throughout Australia, New Zealand and the near Pacific region.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- B2B Account Director AF Selection £40,000, Birmingham
- Copywriter-large leading business ADLIB Up to £30k, Dorset
- Head of Design for top Integrated Advertising Agency Mavis Recruitment £80k dependent on experience, Central London
- Mid-Weight Graphic Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London