Debenhams switches financial PR to Brunswick
UK department store group Debenhams has handed its retained financial PR account to Brunswick after splitting from FTI Consulting.
Debenhams: Switched financial PR advisers to Brunswick
PRWeek revealed last month that the retailer was seeking a new financial PR agency after FTI declined to participate in the competitive review.
Brunswick partner Simon Sporborg and director Tim Danaher are leading the account.
The review is thought to have been triggered by appointment of Michael Sharp as group CEO in September last year, replacing Rob Templeman. Since taking charge it is understood that Sharp has instigated a review of a number of Debenhams’ third-party advisers.
The FTSE 250 firm has continued to perform strongly despite what it describes as ‘extremely challenging market conditions’.
This morning the group announced that like-for-like sales rose by 3.3 per cent in the six months to 1 September and that it expects full-year pre-tax profits to be ahead of last year.
Brunswick’s appointment comes after losing fellow high street retailer Mothercare to Tulchan Communications earlier this month.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...