Debenhams switches financial PR to Brunswick
UK department store group Debenhams has handed its retained financial PR account to Brunswick after splitting from FTI Consulting.
Debenhams: Switched financial PR advisers to Brunswick
PRWeek revealed last month that the retailer was seeking a new financial PR agency after FTI declined to participate in the competitive review.
Brunswick partner Simon Sporborg and director Tim Danaher are leading the account.
The review is thought to have been triggered by appointment of Michael Sharp as group CEO in September last year, replacing Rob Templeman. Since taking charge it is understood that Sharp has instigated a review of a number of Debenhams’ third-party advisers.
The FTSE 250 firm has continued to perform strongly despite what it describes as ‘extremely challenging market conditions’.
This morning the group announced that like-for-like sales rose by 3.3 per cent in the six months to 1 September and that it expects full-year pre-tax profits to be ahead of last year.
Brunswick’s appointment comes after losing fellow high street retailer Mothercare to Tulchan Communications earlier this month.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London