Splendid Communications strategy chief Alex Weller joins Converse
Splendid Communications' strategy chief has been handed a new Europe-wide advertising role at Converse.
Iconic: The Converse shoe brand has appointed Weller as its first brand comms director for Europe
Alex Weller is leaving the agency after 18 months to become the US shoe company’s first brand comms director for Europe, working in Amsterdam.
Weller, who has both marketing and comms experience, will head a team of three at the Nike-owned brand, reporting to EMEA brand director Martina Luger.
Weller’s role is to ‘maximise advertising objectives for Converse across Europe’, with a focus on music, art, street culture and fashion.
Weller told PRWeek: ‘It certainly wasn’t a case of looking to leave, it was the chance of an exciting relocation.
‘From a target market point of view, the time I spent working on Martini and Xbox gave me an understanding of working with music and youth.’
Weller is being replaced at Splendid by Eleanor Jones, who is currently an associate director at The Red Consultancy. Jones will start her strategy director role in November.
Weller was joint number two at Splendid and ran the London office with director of operations Niki Hunter.
Hunter said: ‘There is no change in direction for Splendid. We are still very much about delivering strategic brand campaigns in the earned and owned space.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...