Splendid Communications strategy chief Alex Weller joins Converse
Splendid Communications' strategy chief has been handed a new Europe-wide advertising role at Converse.
Iconic: The Converse shoe brand has appointed Weller as its first brand comms director for Europe
Alex Weller is leaving the agency after 18 months to become the US shoe company’s first brand comms director for Europe, working in Amsterdam.
Weller, who has both marketing and comms experience, will head a team of three at the Nike-owned brand, reporting to EMEA brand director Martina Luger.
Weller’s role is to ‘maximise advertising objectives for Converse across Europe’, with a focus on music, art, street culture and fashion.
Weller told PRWeek: ‘It certainly wasn’t a case of looking to leave, it was the chance of an exciting relocation.
‘From a target market point of view, the time I spent working on Martini and Xbox gave me an understanding of working with music and youth.’
Weller is being replaced at Splendid by Eleanor Jones, who is currently an associate director at The Red Consultancy. Jones will start her strategy director role in November.
Weller was joint number two at Splendid and ran the London office with director of operations Niki Hunter.
Hunter said: ‘There is no change in direction for Splendid. We are still very much about delivering strategic brand campaigns in the earned and owned space.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London