Lansons hires Andrew Silverman as public affairs chief
Lansons has hired a former member of Downing Street's Strategic Comms Unit to lead the agency's public affairs division.
Key hire: Andrew Silverman (Credit: Andy Porter)
Andrew Silverman, currently director of public affairs at Kreab Gavin Anderson, is moving to Lansons in early 2013 to become director of public affairs.
Silverman, who has been at KGA since 2007, was previously private secretary to minister without portfolio Peter Mandelson in the late 1990s and served as a member of Tony Blair's six-strong Strategic Comms Unit.
After leaving Whitehall Silverman has spent five years at Brunswick and later served as director of public affairs and comms at the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Lansons chief executive Tony Langham explained that Silverman's appointment was a crucial part of the agency's efforts to offer clients complete 'C-suite' counsel – with public affairs completely integrated into the agency offer.
'We wanted a big hitter and we've got one,' Langham commented. 'Andrew has vast experience at the highest levels of government and within those organisations that deal with government.'
‘We wanted a big hitter and we’ve got one,’ Langham said. ‘Andrew has vast experience at the highest levels of government and within top organisations that deal with government.’
The agency has recently picked up key public affairs accounts from Nationwide and The International Financial Centres Forum.
Lansons’ former acting head of public affairs Mark Adams left the agency in December 2011 to set up The Professional Lobbying Agency.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...