Lake District seeks agency to boost image
An agency hunt is under way to support efforts to maintain the Lake District following Government cuts.
Better branding: Lake District
The Lake District National Park is holding a pitch for work that could run for nearly three years.
Neil Solender is the policy adviser overseeing the procurement process, which is funded through Defra.
He explained it was hoped that an agency could help spread awareness and bring in donations to compensate for a 28 per cent drop in Government funding until 2014-15.
He said this would build on recent efforts at increasing branding around the region, which launched its own logo for the first time 18 months ago.
Solender added: 'The brief centres on presenting a stronger face to the Lake District. We are getting better but we have not been brilliant at blowing our own trumpet.
'We are looking for corporate sponsorship and getting high net-worth individuals involved as well as public donation generated through public appeals.'
The successful agency will also emphasise work done with a wide variety of partners including the National Trust.
Solender said that although an initial contract would focus around developing comms plans, a contract of up of 34 months was likely 'for longerterm guidance'.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Interim Head of Marketing & Communications Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Brentwood
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...