Four Communications terminates contract of corporate MD Iain Burns
Four Communications Group has announced the termination of its contract of employment with corporate MD Iain Burns for gross misconduct.
Iain Burns: Contract terminated by Four
Chief executive Nan Williams said in a statement: ‘We have had to take this action to protect our business and staff. Loyalty, trust and commitment are bywords for the way Four does business. And we will always take action to protect our clients, our staff and our business when people betray those high standards and the trust we expect.
‘At this point, we are not able to share any further details as we are considering our right to take further legal action.’
The termination of Burns’ employment is believed to be effective from today.
Burns could not immediately be reached for comment.
He joined Four Communications as MD of corporate PR, issues and crisis management in late 2011, having previously worked as a senior consultant at Bell Pottinger Sans Frontieres.
Burns previously served as the Abu Dhabi-based vice-president of corporate comms of Etihad Airways and was head of corporate comms at British Airways for five years, before resigning in 2006 after a price-fixing case brought by the Office of Fair Trading.
The price fixing-related trial against Burns and three other former British Airways colleagues subsequently collapsed in 2010.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...