Morrisons selects Focus PR for online wine venture
Morrisons has called in Focus PR to promote its range of wines online.
Morrisons wine: Going online
The agency was picked following a three-way pitch as the supermarket giant prepares to launch its first online wine offering, named morrisonscellar.com.
Focus PR will actively promote the range to key opinion formers and consumers, while raising awareness of the extended range set to go online at the end of the year.
Eileen McGuinness, head of consumer media and brand campaigns for Morrisons, said: 'We want to engage consumers in wine by taking a refreshing new approach to helping them find the right wine for them and morrisonscellar.com will be at the heart of this initiative.'
The retained brief will start with the online work, but is expected to run for a number of years and cover the supermarket's wine more broadly. The brief is worth a six-figure sum.
Hilary Crossing, Focus PR’s managing director, explained that the messaging will focus on the increased offer to consumers and the ability the website will offer to pick what's right for them.
She added that a wide range of channels would be used: 'It will be any way we can reach the supermarket shopper, whether that's online, face-to-face or in-store.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London