ENS partners law firm to provide legal and PR advice for sports stars
A comms agency has launched a PR and legal advice service to handle issues concerning sports brands' reputation.
David Casement QC: partnership with ENS
PR and crisis management agency ENS has set up the Sports Reputation Group in partnership with law firm Gateley and David Casement QC.
‘By receiving jointly given PR and legal advice, our ambition for clients is that they get the best outcome, as quickly and as quietly as possible,’ said Rebecca Hopkins, MD of ENS.
She added the number of sports issues that had escalated into scandals in recent years demonstrated the need for the group’s service.
The group will offer collective advice on issues such as drug test failures, misconduct allegations and obtaining injunctions.
The team consists of Hopkins, Casement and John Burns, a sports and media expert at Gateley’s Manchester practice. Specialising in sports and sports-related entertainment, ENS has worked for clients including Liverpool FC and the Turkish Basketball Federation. Casement also has experience with high-profile sports cases.
‘When we had the idea of forming the group, we wanted a consortium that represented "best in show" talent,' said Burns. ‘Each of the three members involved knows the other two well, so creating an integrated service seemed a very obvious, sensible and exciting step.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- SEO Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000, Leicestershire
- Account Director - Fashion Beauty and Youth Industry Sectors. Spectrum £45,000 - £50,000, London