Emanate secures six-figure Southern Railway brief
Southern Railway and sister company Gatwick Express have brought in Emanate to promote their services as a 'gateway to London'.
Flexibility Emanate: will initially focus on promoting Southern’s services around the London area
The Omnicom-owned agency has been hired for a three-year retained consumer PR contract to support the railway brands’ revenue growth targets. The brief is worth a mid-six-figure sum.
Emanate CEO Nick Propper said the agency would initially focus on promoting the flexibility of travel around the London metropolitan area provided by Southern to ‘first-time Londoners’ and people visiting from Brighton.
‘We will focus on positioning Victoria as a great gateway into London,’ said Propper. He added that the agency would also take on the brands’ social media maintenance work.
Emanate won the brief in a four-way pitch revealed by prweek.com/uk (18 October 2011). It started work this month alongside media planning and buying agency OMD, and creative agency, VCCPme.
The pitch process was run by Alistair Buckle, head of marketing for Southern Railway and Gatwick Express.
Both brands are part of Govia, the partnership between UK transport operator The Go-Ahead Group and public transport provider Keolis.
Gatwick Express’ PR was previously handled by its in-house team and agency SRF. Southern was using its in-house team and Good Relations.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...