Industry pays tribute to Dave Robinson
The PR industry has paid tribute to a senior comms consultant who passed away on Monday.
Passed away: Dave Robinson
Dave Robinson, who was president and CEO of Hill+Knowlton Strategies covering Australia, the Middle East, Africa and south and central Asia, died at the age of 41.
He suffered a heart attack after leading a training session for employees in Dubai.
Friends and colleagues have remembered Robinson for his guitar playing, alongside his international approach to business.
Weber Shandwick EVP of corporate comms EMEA, Jim Donaldson, who recommended Robinson to replace him at H+K in the Middle East, said 'the industry has lost a big character'.
H+K Strategies global vicechairman Andrew Laurence added: 'Dave was extremely successful. Brilliant, bright and opinionated, he had tremendous cultural sensitivity. He was a man with a big heart and people will miss him.'
Stuart Smith, Ogilvy's global corporate practice MD who worked with Robinson at H+K, said: 'We've lost a real personality.'
Robinson joined H+K in 2005 as Middle East CEO.
He assumed leadership of Australia, Africa and south and central Asia in 2011.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...