Golden Wonder makers call in Bottle for brand fightback
The makers of Golden Wonder crisps have called in Bottle to handle the UK consumer PR activity for crisps and snacks.
Golden Wonder: Staging a fightback
Tayto, the UK’s third largest crisps and snacks manufacturer, acquired Golden Wonder in 2006.
The move comes as the brand steps up its supermarket distribution and looks to match this new level of activity with PR campaigns to support the brand.
Bottle will promote the crisps range, including two exclusive Heinz flavours, in consumer media and will also kick-start a social media presence for the brand, reporting to Suzy Broughton, GB marketing manager for Tayto.
The initial PR campaign, led by Kate Gibson, a director at Bottle, will focus on increasing awareness of Golden Wonder as the ‘full on flavour’ alternative in supermarkets, targeting everyday mums buying multipacks for the family as part of the weekly shop.
This activity will be followed by a creative brand building campaign in the spring of 2013.
Broughton said: ‘We will commence activity by focusing on those who remember us from childhood; but anyone who thinks we’re stuck in the past can think again. This is all about the future and we recognise that we need to start with the people who know us best.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Leicestershire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...