PR apprentices begin lessons as McDonald's Nick Hindle praises scheme
PR apprentices placed in a Government-backed scheme have this week started their studies in earnest, with the support of McDonald's top comms man.
Nick Hindle: pledged support for PR apprentices
Forty-eight apprentices placed in companies around the country by Pearson in Practice and the PRCA have this week entered the classroom-based teaching element of their apprenticeships, which runs alongside their practical workplace experience.
McDonald's vice-president of comms Nick Hindle spoke to mark the UK-wide induction of students earlier this week.
Hindle told PRWeek: ‘I think there are many people out there with talent and qualities to add to our industry that have not been given the opportunity to enter the industry. I think the apprenticeships programme is a clear signal that we want to be more accessible and we’re very supportive of it.’
The apprentices will be taught 14 modules on a day release basis, and will gain a level four qualification at the end of 12-18 months, the equivalent to the first year of a degree.
Grayling, The Red Consultancy and Virgo Health are among the agencies to have taken on apprentices from the £1.2m Government-funded scheme.
Anne Martin, Pearson curriculum manager PR, said: ‘They are having the most amazing experience. Some of them have been with their employers for a couple of weeks and they have been talking to journalists and organising events, they’ve been treated like employees.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London