Interpublic Group agency Slam PR rebrands as DeVries Slam
The Interpublic Group has rebranded UK consumer boutique agency Slam PR as DeVries Slam, which now becomes the European headquarters for its third international PR network.
Slam PR: A recent photoshoot by the agency for client Palladium Jewellery
IPG, which owns the Weber Shandwick and GolinHarris networks, is rapidly expanding DeVries, the main focus of which is on global client Procter & Gamble. DeVries, which began in New York 35 years ago, now describes itself as a ‘full-scale global consumer lifestyle agency’.
Helena Bloomer, currently Slam’s managing director, will report to James Allman, chairman of DeVries Global, who is based in New York City.
Bloomer has worked for Slam PR since its launch in 2006. The agency currently employs 25 people in London and works for Zippo, Tanqueray Gin, PepsiCo and Durex.
The moves mean that DeVries effectively becomes an international PR ‘micro-network’ with offices in New York, London, Beijing and Singapore. It now employs more than 200 staff and concentrates on ‘beauty, fashion and better living’ campaigns.
DeVries’ biggest client is Procter & Gamble, which is demanding digital solutions on a pan-global basis. The arrangement also enables the other IPG PR networks to work for arch-rival Unilever.
‘This is a new way of building a comms network,’ Allman told PRWeek. ‘It is a mid-sized and very focused business, with a close-knit international team. DeVries is multi-national but very digitally-centred.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall