Interpublic Group agency Slam PR rebrands as DeVries Slam
The Interpublic Group has rebranded UK consumer boutique agency Slam PR as DeVries Slam, which now becomes the European headquarters for its third international PR network.
Slam PR: A recent photoshoot by the agency for client Palladium Jewellery
IPG, which owns the Weber Shandwick and GolinHarris networks, is rapidly expanding DeVries, the main focus of which is on global client Procter & Gamble. DeVries, which began in New York 35 years ago, now describes itself as a ‘full-scale global consumer lifestyle agency’.
Helena Bloomer, currently Slam’s managing director, will report to James Allman, chairman of DeVries Global, who is based in New York City.
Bloomer has worked for Slam PR since its launch in 2006. The agency currently employs 25 people in London and works for Zippo, Tanqueray Gin, PepsiCo and Durex.
The moves mean that DeVries effectively becomes an international PR ‘micro-network’ with offices in New York, London, Beijing and Singapore. It now employs more than 200 staff and concentrates on ‘beauty, fashion and better living’ campaigns.
DeVries’ biggest client is Procter & Gamble, which is demanding digital solutions on a pan-global basis. The arrangement also enables the other IPG PR networks to work for arch-rival Unilever.
‘This is a new way of building a comms network,’ Allman told PRWeek. ‘It is a mid-sized and very focused business, with a close-knit international team. DeVries is multi-national but very digitally-centred.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London