Hotwire adopts AMEC framework for campaign measurement
Hotwire has adopted a new framework for measuring campaigns based on AMEC's Valid Metrics methodology, signalling another agency moving away from AVEs.
International Association for the Measurement and Evaluation of Communication conference and awards, June 2012, Dublin
The new measurement framework will put greater emphasis on business objectives throughout campaigns.
Hotwire group chief development officer Andy West told PRWeek the framework is being rolled out across its global network and that training around the new methodology had been taking place across its offices during the past six months.
‘We still have a lot of work to do to challenge and kill off outmoded forms of measurement such as AVE. Our measurement framework is another nail in the coffin of AVE and is about driving forward the progressive PR measurement agenda so that business objectives are a starting point rather than simply a "nice to have",’ he said.
AMEC’s measurement framework was drawn up in 2011 based upon the ideas put forward at its global conference in Barcelona in 2010.
Barry Leggetter, executive director, AMEC, welcomed Hotwire’s commitment to adopting the framework across its global network.
He told PRWeek it set a good example and would encourage others to do the same. ‘We suggest approaches but it’s always better [for agencies] to make their own and Hotwire have created a specific, definitive, good initiative,’ said Leggetter.
He said agencies and organisations throughout the industry were making efforts to develop the way they measure campaigns: ‘It will take a while but momentum is now with us.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Audience Insight Executive - Publishing Lipton Fleming £25000 per annum + benefits, London