Thomas Cook appoints Jenny Peters as group head of comms
Tour operator Thomas Cook has appointed Jenny Peters to a newly created role of group head of comms.
Thomas Cook: Management restructure
Jenny Peters takes on internal comms and external PR across all of the travel company’s global offices, which span seven markets including north America and western Europe.
The company, which issued profit warnings last year and reported a pre-tax loss of £712.9m for the six months ending 31 March, has made the move as part of a major management restructure designed to re-energise its business.
Peters reports to Harriet Green, the company’s new Group CEO, who was brought in during July.
Both were formerly at electronics company Premier Farnell, where Peters was head of corporate communications.
Peters’ role was previously undertaken by Pete Constanti, Group CEO Destination Management, who has relinquished this part of his function, and taken on a new additional role as the group’s first Chief People Officer.
Reporting to her are group director of PR, Bronwen Griffiths-Barrasso and group head of internal communications, Vicki Burwell – who previously reported to Constanti, now report to Peters.
Other major changes include the appointment of a new chief executive for UK & Continental Europe Peter Fankhauser, formerly of Continental Europe.
A Thomas Cook spokesman said 'As we look to fully engage colleagues, customers and industry partners, Jenny brings previous knowledge and experience of operating at a global level that has played a major role in successfully delivering business transformations.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...