PRWeek TV: In-house comms, marketing and IT 'will have overarching leaders'
Industry analysts have suggested that businesses will increasingly be appointing senior people to oversee not only comms and marketing but also IT.
This week’s PRWeek podcast sees Michael Thorne, director of business analysts Pearlfinders, and Gavin Ellwood, director of Ellwood & Atfield, discuss new research suggesting that senior in-house PR professionals are increasingly taking on wider remits. This follows a PRWeek news analysis on the subject.
Thorne told PRWeek that he expected to see a growing trend towards senior roles that would have oversight of not only marketing and comms but also IT, as technological advances such as apps continue to be used for outreach purposes.
He said: ‘There’s a role for someone who can act as an overarching messaging guide on how these three departments can work together.’
Ellwood added that he was seeing a growing movement towards PR people grabbing marketing responsibilities as part of their roles. He said that he was seeing this particularly in consumer-facing higher profile organisations.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...