Aston University to offer six-figure bioenergy brief
Birmingham's Aston University is on the hunt for comms help as it seeks to spread the word about a groundbreaking new energy source as part of a £16.5m project.
Pledge: The Government is committed to reducing CO2 pollution
The six-figure brief focuses on promoting the benefits of a new development in bioenergy pioneered at the university.
Covering PR, marketing and market intelligence, it centres on the Pyroformer, which uses waste to generate power and is the first of its kind in Europe.
The machine has been developed at the university’s European Bioenergy Research Institute (EBRI). This comes as part of a European Regional Development Fund-backed project to spread the use of bioenergy in the Midlands.
Louise Russell, EBRI marketing and comms officer, said the focus for the winning PR agency would be on developing awareness of businesses in the region as to the use and benefits of the technology: ‘There are a lot of possibilities. It might be a manufacturer that could produce one of the parts for the equipment, an investor, or a business that wanted to install the product.’
A document seen by PRWeek for the work, which will last until 2015, stated the PR focus would be around raising the profile of the project and ‘the technology and market opportunities to potential beneficiaries’ across ‘both business and government’.
The brief is understood to be in its later stages and comes amid a wider European drive to lower carbon emissions, with the EU committed to meeting a 20 per cent share of renewable energy by 2020.
It also follows the Government’s pledge to support the creation of green technologies, with a target of an 80 per cent reduction in CO2 levels by 2050.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Executive - Prize & Incentive Agency - Battersea - £28k OTE Element London Limited £28k OTE, Battersea / Clapham Junction - London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...