Aquafresh calls in Unity to target mums
Aquafresh has picked Unity to lead a PR drive to appeal to mums.
Unity brief: Aquafresh
The GlaxoSmithKline-owned brand called in the agency for a three-year retainer following a three-way pitch shoot-out.
Unity, which has previously handled project work for Aquafresh, will work as part of an integrated brief alongside media agency Mediacom and creative firm TBWA.
Unity co-founder Nik Done will lead the work,reporting to GSK senior brand manager Katharine Osmond.
Done said the initial focus would be on media relations and digital, before becoming more campaign-focused next year. Social media and experiential will be among key aspects of the work.
She said: ‘Aquafresh has not done a major PR push for a long time but this will be an all-singing, all-dancing campaign. This year it is about getting across the key basics in a clever way and then moving forward.
‘It will be about targeting mums, both through their heads and hearts, to create meaning for the brand beyond it being a toothpaste.’
For the pitch, agencies were asked to devise a three-year strategy based around the campaign. Aquafresh is part of FMCG giant GSK’s consumer healthcare portfolio.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...