Aquafresh calls in Unity to target mums
Aquafresh has picked Unity to lead a PR drive to appeal to mums.
Unity brief: Aquafresh
The GlaxoSmithKline-owned brand called in the agency for a three-year retainer following a three-way pitch shoot-out.
Unity, which has previously handled project work for Aquafresh, will work as part of an integrated brief alongside media agency Mediacom and creative firm TBWA.
Unity co-founder Nik Done will lead the work,reporting to GSK senior brand manager Katharine Osmond.
Done said the initial focus would be on media relations and digital, before becoming more campaign-focused next year. Social media and experiential will be among key aspects of the work.
She said: ‘Aquafresh has not done a major PR push for a long time but this will be an all-singing, all-dancing campaign. This year it is about getting across the key basics in a clever way and then moving forward.
‘It will be about targeting mums, both through their heads and hearts, to create meaning for the brand beyond it being a toothpaste.’
For the pitch, agencies were asked to devise a three-year strategy based around the campaign. Aquafresh is part of FMCG giant GSK’s consumer healthcare portfolio.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Network Marketing £35000 - £42000 per annum, Manchester
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £15 - £17.50 per hour, London
- Planner - middleweight Pitch Consultants £23000 - £27000 per annum, Leeds
- PR Director - Energy & Environment Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + benefits, London