Gun lounge recruits Hillgrove PR for profile drive
The world's first 'luxury gun lounge' has recruited Hillgrove PR to boost its UK profile and attract high-end visitors.
UK focus: Machine Guns Vegas
Machine Guns Vegas has called in the agency to boost UK arrivals to the US shooting range, which specialises in high-powered weaponry.
Agency boss Richard Hillgrove said the company was specifically targeting 'high rollers who have tried or taken everything'.
But he added that the campaign would stress the company's 'responsible' approach.
The venture, at which visitors are trained by 'gun girls', does not deny accusations that it glamorises weapons, but insists its priority is safety. No alcohol is served on site.
'Young people desensitised to violence thanks to video games and the internet can build respect for weapons by experiencing them for real,' said Hillgrove.
As part of the brief, Hillgrove is working with the company's co-founder, Tim Larkin, to overturn Home Secretary Theresa May's refusal to allow him to enter the UK.
Self-defence instructor Larkin was denied entry to Britain in May amid accusations that he advocates vigilantism.
Hillgrove is understood to be working with former Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik to garner support amongst British MPs and other influential figures to have the exclusion order overturned.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...