CharityComms appoints RSPCA's John Grounds as chairman
CharityComms has appointed RSPCA director of marketing and campaigns John Grounds as its chairman.
John Grounds: New CharityComms chairman
Grounds steps into the role as Joe Saxton, the founder of the professional membership body for charity comms professionals, steps down.
His appointment comes shortly after beginning the new role with the RSPCA on Monday, moving from the NSPCC where he was most recently director of child protection consultancy and formerly director of comms.
Grounds, who will begin in January, said: ‘I’m passionate about comms being recognised as a strategic driver within charities. CharityComms has established itself as a vibrant force championing both comms and the role of communications professionals within charities.'
He added: 'Having been a board member or trustee of CharityComms since its inception, I want to continue to share the learning and experience from my 34 years in comms and the not-for-profit sector with fellow professionals, helping to improve standards as well as the profile and understanding of communications.’
Saxton has headed the charity’s board since it began in 2007. He said: ‘I am thrilled and humbled that John Grounds is to be the next chair of CharityComms. Not only is he one of the sector’s communications legends but also he has been involved with CharityComms from the very first meeting.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...