CharityComms appoints RSPCA's John Grounds as chairman
CharityComms has appointed RSPCA director of marketing and campaigns John Grounds as its chairman.
John Grounds: New CharityComms chairman
Grounds steps into the role as Joe Saxton, the founder of the professional membership body for charity comms professionals, steps down.
His appointment comes shortly after beginning the new role with the RSPCA on Monday, moving from the NSPCC where he was most recently director of child protection consultancy and formerly director of comms.
Grounds, who will begin in January, said: ‘I’m passionate about comms being recognised as a strategic driver within charities. CharityComms has established itself as a vibrant force championing both comms and the role of communications professionals within charities.'
He added: 'Having been a board member or trustee of CharityComms since its inception, I want to continue to share the learning and experience from my 34 years in comms and the not-for-profit sector with fellow professionals, helping to improve standards as well as the profile and understanding of communications.’
Saxton has headed the charity’s board since it began in 2007. He said: ‘I am thrilled and humbled that John Grounds is to be the next chair of CharityComms. Not only is he one of the sector’s communications legends but also he has been involved with CharityComms from the very first meeting.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Programmatic Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London