Spotify appoints M&C Saatchi PR for corporate and b2b work
Spotify has appointed M&C Saatchi PR to handle its UK corporate and b2b work.
Spotify: Called in M&C Saatchi PR
It is the first time the music streaming giant has bought in an agency for the retained work, and comes after M&C Saatchi PR was also chosen to cover a consumer brief earlier this year.
PRWeek understands the decision follows talks with a number of agencies, with one area of focus being drumming up interest from advertisers.
The appointment comes as it emerged last week that the service was in talks with Coca-Cola over the FMCG giant acquiring a shareholding worth £6.2m.
The service has more than 15 million users but is battling in an increasingly competitive market space.
At the end of last week, it emerged at Microsoft would soon enter the market with an Xbox Music service.
PRWeek also revealed on Friday that fellow music streaming business Deezer had called in Blue Rubicon to build its global brand.
Both Spotify and M&C Saatchi PR declined to comment on the deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...