Portland MD Tim Allan to chair The Young Foundation
Tim Allan has been named as chair of social innovation think-tank The Young Foundation.
Tim Allan: to chair The Young Foundation
The MD of Portland will take up the non-executive, unpaid position from 15 November.
The Young Foundation works with organisations in the UK and internationally using innovation to meet social needs, and is named after British sociologist Michael Young.
The Young Foundation acting chair Marcial Boo said: ‘Trustees and staff at The Young Foundation are delighted to have found a dynamic and high-calibre chair. Tim will bring his entrepreneurial, political and communications skills to The Young Foundation and help the organisation maximise its potential to address social need.'
Allan praised the organisation for its 'track record of excellent research, innovative policy ideas and creative new ventures'.
‘I am particularly keen on The Young Foundation’s emphasis on the role of entrepreneurship to meet social needs,' he added. 'I look forward to working with the talented executive team to build on Michael Young’s proud legacy, and to making the foundation as effective, as relevant and as innovative as possible.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Strategy & Database Marketing Manager - Europe Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, South East England
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...