Arriva Bus UK offers six-figure consumer and corporate comms brief
Arriva has pitched a wide-ranging comms brief that includes lobbying local authorities that have been handed new transport powers.
Lobbying brief: Arriva Bus
The company’s Arriva Bus division is in the final stages of talks with four agencies over a six-figure retained UK consumer and corporate brief.
The pitch comes as the operator looks to shift its efforts towards corporate and stakeholder work, following transport minister Norman Baker’s pledge that more transport funding decisions would be taken at a local level.
Arriva Bus UK marketing manager Nick Gordon said that in the current climate, it was vital to maximise relationships with those who have a say over bus contracts, such as local authorities and transport executives.
‘Those relationships are important as they deal with things like contracts and subsidies and business rates,’ he said. ‘Our negotiations with them determine what revenue we get from the schemes.’
Last month Baker revealed that decisions for funding transport schemes that ‘have a significant impact on people’s lives’ would now be taken at a local level.
Gordon added that the account would also include a review of social media channels for Arriva Bus, and how they could be used for stakeholder engagement.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...