Blue Rubicon to lead Kick It Out survey of football fans
Anti-racism campaign Kick It Out has appointed Blue Rubicon to lead the UK's largest ever consultation into prejudice in football.
Kick It Out: ambassadors Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe
The Kick It Out campaign has brought in the agency to launch a nationwide consultation of fans on how far the game has come, and how far it has to go, in addressing discriminatory attitudes.
Kick It Out was first established in 1993 by the Football Association, Premier League and Professional Footballers' Association.
The game's reputation has suffered over the past year, with former England captain John Terry and Liverpool's Luis Suarez receiving FA fines and bans over racist abuse, while last night saw claims that the England under-21 squad was racially abused by Serbian fans and players.
The consultation will seek to establish the views of fans and players, with a focus on social media as a number of players have been racially abused on Twitter.
It will also address how to improve reporting of abusive behaviour and enforcement.
The process launches during Kick It Out's annual One Game, One Community two weeks of action, which opens this Thursday. A report is expected to be produced as a blueprint for action next year.
The retained account, which will last until Kick it Out's 20th anniversary in 2013, will be jointly led by Blue Rubicon director Neil Daugherty and associate director Ben Lewis.
Roisin Wood, director of Kick It Out, said: ‘Kick It Out's campaigning and education work underpins all the organisation's output, from grassroots to elite level. Blue Rubicon can assist in this area as they have a proven track record as effective campaigners on high profile campaigns that challenge perception and make a real difference.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London