Mastercard appoints Visa Europe's Neil Henderson for top UK comms role
Mastercard has raided rival Visa to bring in a UK comms head, as part of a move to beef up its approach to PR.
Neil Henderson: Moving to Mastercard
Neil Henderson has been brought in to take on the role of head of comms for UK and Ireland. He joins from Visa Europe, where he had been head of media for just four months.
This follows the departure of Doyel Maitra, who left earlier this month to pursue other opportunities, although it was suggested the role had now been given greater responsibilities following her departure.
A source told PRWeek: ‘The sheer volume of comms is increasing, with more announcements and sponsorships, so Mastercard is beefing up the whole operation across Europe.’
Before joining Visa, Henderson worked an eight-month stint heading GolinHarris’ media division. Visa brought in Henderson as it geared up for a comms drive around its partnership with the Olympic Games.
Henderson will report to senior vice-president, group head, comms Europe, Rose Beaumont.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Social Account Manager Xcede Recruitment Solutions £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...