Pokemon puts UK video games brief out to pitch
The company behind the Pokemon is inviting agencies to pitch for a consumer brief to promote the 16-year-old media franchise.
The Pokemon Company International, a subsidiary of the Pokémon Company in Japan and an affiliate of Nintendo, is looking for an agency to create a PR toolkit that could be rolled out across Europe.
Agency sources said the successful UK agency would also be asked to suggest a network of European agencies it can work with subsequently.
The brief is also understood to involve promoting upcoming video game tournaments, which include an annual World Championship.
Pokemon is the second-most popular video game franchise in the world after Nintendo’s Mario franchise. The brand launched in 1996 as a video game on Game Boy and now extends to anime, manga, toys, and books.
The Pokémon Company was established in 1998 through joint investment by the three businesses holding the copyright on Pokémon: Nintendo, Creatures Inc and GAME FREAK.
The Pokemon Company could not be reached for comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Consumer Insight & Innovation Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000 + car, Camberley
- Account Director | Digital Nu Creative Talent £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, West London
- Head of Digital Brand Recruitment £55000 - £60000 per annum + car and bonus, Peterborough
- Senior Design Gemini Search £36000.00 per annum, City of London