Pokemon puts UK video games brief out to pitch
The company behind the Pokemon is inviting agencies to pitch for a consumer brief to promote the 16-year-old media franchise.
The Pokemon Company International, a subsidiary of the Pokémon Company in Japan and an affiliate of Nintendo, is looking for an agency to create a PR toolkit that could be rolled out across Europe.
Agency sources said the successful UK agency would also be asked to suggest a network of European agencies it can work with subsequently.
The brief is also understood to involve promoting upcoming video game tournaments, which include an annual World Championship.
Pokemon is the second-most popular video game franchise in the world after Nintendo’s Mario franchise. The brand launched in 1996 as a video game on Game Boy and now extends to anime, manga, toys, and books.
The Pokémon Company was established in 1998 through joint investment by the three businesses holding the copyright on Pokémon: Nintendo, Creatures Inc and GAME FREAK.
The Pokemon Company could not be reached for comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...