LOCOG's comms chief PR Professional of the Year at PRWeek Awards 2012
Jackie Brock-Doyle, LOCOG's director of comms and public affairs, was named PR Professional of the Year at last night's PRWeek Awards after winning a reader vote.
Jackie Brock-Doyle: PR Professional of the Year
She won the award for her effective management of the London 2012 comms story; a masterclass in handling comms on the biggest global stage.
‘The formidable Brock-Doyle used her significant experience to steer the Olympic ship through a myriad of real and potential crisis points, emerging triumphant in August,’ said PRWeek’s editor-in-chief Danny Rogers.
Brock-Doyle was called to the stage a second time with her LOCOG comms team to receive the Campaign of the Year award, in recognition of its professional, rigorous and successful campaign for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The event – the PR industry’s ‘Oscars’ - took place at Grosvenor House on London’s Park Lane last night. More than 1,000 PR professionals were entertained by host Graham Norton during the glittering ceremony.
Blue Rubicon took home the prestigious Consultancy of the Year gong while National Trust was crowned In-House Team of the Year.
Other notable winners included Ogilvy PR and Kern & Sohn, which secured three awards for its ‘Gnome Experiment’ campaign, while Unity also took home three gongs for separate campaigns, including work with CRUK and M&S.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £36000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...