LOCOG's comms chief PR Professional of the Year at PRWeek Awards 2012
Jackie Brock-Doyle, LOCOG's director of comms and public affairs, was named PR Professional of the Year at last night's PRWeek Awards after winning a reader vote.
Jackie Brock-Doyle: PR Professional of the Year
She won the award for her effective management of the London 2012 comms story; a masterclass in handling comms on the biggest global stage.
‘The formidable Brock-Doyle used her significant experience to steer the Olympic ship through a myriad of real and potential crisis points, emerging triumphant in August,’ said PRWeek’s editor-in-chief Danny Rogers.
Brock-Doyle was called to the stage a second time with her LOCOG comms team to receive the Campaign of the Year award, in recognition of its professional, rigorous and successful campaign for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The event – the PR industry’s ‘Oscars’ - took place at Grosvenor House on London’s Park Lane last night. More than 1,000 PR professionals were entertained by host Graham Norton during the glittering ceremony.
Blue Rubicon took home the prestigious Consultancy of the Year gong while National Trust was crowned In-House Team of the Year.
Other notable winners included Ogilvy PR and Kern & Sohn, which secured three awards for its ‘Gnome Experiment’ campaign, while Unity also took home three gongs for separate campaigns, including work with CRUK and M&S.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London