LOCOG wins Campaign of the Year at PRWeek Awards 2012
LOCOG comms work for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games was awarded Campaign of the Year at last night's PRWeek Awards 2012.
London 2012: Campaign of the Year
The organising committee’s PR team had to manage comms for the most ambitious logistical exercise undertaken in the UK in peacetime, while under the glare of the global media spotlight.
But despite years of negativity in the press, when the time came, the Olympic and Paralympic Games silenced even the harshest of critics.
The campaign was focused and meticulously planned. It displayed shrewd use of internal comms to make sure the sizeable freelance workforce was on message.It also deftly handled the additional pressure of social media that no other organising committee had faced to such an extent.
It met its first objective, which was to raise £2bn of private money. It got the law changed, to give an unprecedented level of protection to the sponsors, something that is likely to be a blueprint for future Games.
And all of this was done with very little use of traditional advertising, proving that PR can take the lead at the highest level.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...