M&C Saatchi to run Dixons' social media amid customer rethink
Electronics retailing powerhouse Dixons has called in M&C Saatchi Group as it fights to gain a stronger voice across social media.
Brand ambassador: Tinchy Stryder teamed up with Dixons to promote its Goji accessory range
The company appointed the group after a five-way pitch for the retained brief, with work to be led by M&C Saatchi PR.
The social media-specific brief was issued by Dixons Retail, which also owns the PC World and Currys brands, and comes amid a wider rethink around how the firm deals with its customers.
Chris Hides, MD of M&C Saatchi PR, said the agency would be working with M&C Saatchi's advertising arm to 'expand Dixons' social media presence'.
This includes creating content and managing communities for all of the retailer's social media channels, as well as striving to gain a new presence in social media spaces such as Pinterest.
Hides pointed to recent work by Dixons with rapper Tinchy Stryder around its Goji brand as an example of content that would be ideal for growing a social media stake. He said: 'That kind of content is very shareable.'
Amanda Clift, head of marketing at Dixons Retail, said: 'We have worked hard to become a retailer that is helpful and inspiring, and social media allow us to further demonstrate our commitment to these values.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London