Lionel Zetter wins vote for 2014 presidency of the CIPR
Lionel Zetter has been elected president of the CIPR for 2014 following a vote by its membership.
Lionel Zetter: Set to become president of the CIPR in 2014
Zetter, senior counsel at APCO Worldwide and former Conservative Central Office staffer, beat director of Miticom Miti Ampoma after polling 54% of the vote.
He will serve on the CIPR Executive Board in 2013 as president elect alongside next year's president Sue Wolstenholme.
Zetter campaigned on a platform of increasing co-operation between the CIPR and ‘another industry body’- widely interpreted as the PRCA.
He said: ‘It is an honour to be elected as the CIPR's president for 2014. I look forward to working with the CIPR's hugely professional staff, and to representing our members once again.’
Sally Sykes, 2012 CIPR president, said: ‘I am sure Lionel will lead the CIPR very effectively and build upon the work done by the team and the board in championing the PR profession and advancing professional standards. It has been a pleasure to work with Lionel already on the CIPR board and he will bring experience, enthusiasm and commitment to the role of president elect, becoming president in 2014. I wish Lionel every success.’
CIPR members also voted on seven seats on the institute's council. These will be taken by Anne Gregory, Deborah Copeland, Stuart Bruce, Pete Biggs, Dan Large, Eva Maclaine and Sandra Bauer.
Before joining APCO in his role as senior counsel, Zetter worked for the Media Information Group and Political Research & Communications International. He also stood for Westminster for the Conservatives in Edmonton in 2005.
Earlier this year the public affairs specialist told a Commons committee that the industry would embrace a statutory register of lobbyists, but warned against ‘bureaucratic and expensive regulation.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London