Sainsbury's calls in M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment for Active Kids campaign
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's has appointed M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment to help support its Active Kids campaign.
Sainsbury's: Run the Active Kids scheme
The agency has been called in for a one-year retainer around the scheme following a pitch, replacing incumbent Weber Shandwick.
It will be helping to create an initiative to further engage youngsters and adults in Active Kids, in which nurseries, schools and other accredited groups can redeem vouchers for sports equipment.
The M&C Saatchi team will be led by MD Jamie Wynne-Morgan and report to Jat Sahota, Sainsbury’s head of sponsorship.
Wynne-Morgan said the agency was involved with creating a campaign ‘in which those in schools and organisations will be able to more actively take part’, though he was unable to reveal details of the work.
‘It’s about adding an incentive for them to get more involved and it should culminate in a big national event,’ he added.
‘The scheme doesn’t need to be fundamentally changed, we’re just adding to it, and should fit in with Sainsbury’s overall message of getting healthier and being active.’
The scheme, which is in its eighth year, will go live in February.
Sahota said: ‘Active Kids has been one of our most successful campaigns and, while it continues to grow, it’s great to bring in some fresh thinking.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...