Sainsbury's calls in M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment for Active Kids campaign
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's has appointed M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment to help support its Active Kids campaign.
Sainsbury's: Run the Active Kids scheme
The agency has been called in for a one-year retainer around the scheme following a pitch, replacing incumbent Weber Shandwick.
It will be helping to create an initiative to further engage youngsters and adults in Active Kids, in which nurseries, schools and other accredited groups can redeem vouchers for sports equipment.
The M&C Saatchi team will be led by MD Jamie Wynne-Morgan and report to Jat Sahota, Sainsbury’s head of sponsorship.
Wynne-Morgan said the agency was involved with creating a campaign ‘in which those in schools and organisations will be able to more actively take part’, though he was unable to reveal details of the work.
‘It’s about adding an incentive for them to get more involved and it should culminate in a big national event,’ he added.
‘The scheme doesn’t need to be fundamentally changed, we’re just adding to it, and should fit in with Sainsbury’s overall message of getting healthier and being active.’
The scheme, which is in its eighth year, will go live in February.
Sahota said: ‘Active Kids has been one of our most successful campaigns and, while it continues to grow, it’s great to bring in some fresh thinking.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London